Development of the 20-ha. NDC-owned property in Toril, Davao City into an agri-industrial estate with tourism component that will include the following:
1) Food processing centers for fruits, vegetables and marine products
2) Cold Storage/Warehouse Facilities
3) Technology/Business Incubation Center
4) Tourism Component that will showcase the fresh fruits and marine products of Davao Region, high-end and "dampa-type" restaurants, festival marketplace, recreation parks, and food retail outlets.
5) Agri-aqua culture for ornamental fish and hatchery facility
6) Water filtration and bottling facility for potable water-related enterprises
The project was approved by the NEDA Board on April 25, 2018. Terms and conditions of the Joint Venture Agreement based on NEDA Board approval was likewise approved by the NDC Board on July 6, 2018. NDC will now proceed with the selection of its JV partner in accordance with the 2013 Revised Guidelines and Procedures for Entering into Joint Venture Agreements between Government and Private Entities.
Relocation of about 54 household of informal settlers occupying the project area.
AGM Saturnino H. Mejia