Development of the 20-ha. NDC-owned property in Toril, Davao City into an agri-industrial estate with tourism component that will include the following:
1) Food processing centers for fruits, vegetables and marine products
2) Cold Storage/Warehouse Facilities
3) Technology/Business Incubation Center
4) Tourism Component that will showcase the fresh fruits and marine products of Davao Region, high-end and "dampa-type" restaurants, festival marketplace, recreation parks, and food retail outlets.
5) Agri-aqua culture for ornamental fish and hatchery facility
6) Water filtration and bottling facility for potable water-related enterprises
The project was approved by the NEDA Board on April 25, 2018. Terms and conditions of the Joint Venture Agreement based on NEDA Board approval was likewise approved by the NDC Board on July 6, 2018.
NDC is now in the process of selecting its JV partner in accordance with the 2013 Revised Guidelines and Procedures for Entering into Joint Venture Agreements between Government and Private Entities. The Invitation to Apply for Eligibility and to Submit Proposal (IAESP) was published last October 7, 2018 and deadline for the submission of Eligibility Documents will be on November 23, 2018.
Relocation of about 54 household of informal settlers occupying the project area.
AGM Saturnino H. Mejia